Thursday, August 20, 2009

Boobs, Bellies, & Butts

So, here I was, standing in a dressing room in a nice store, looking for-god help me, a pair of jeans. Trust me, I'd rather have dental work. I'm built like an hour glass, new challenge is that there is way too much sand at the very bottom, not my backside-my knees. My 28 year old daughter is always complaining about her "bubble butt", I told her to wait until the air goes out of her bubble and her butt is down around the back of her knees, and, like mine-just won't get up. Then there's the boob thing. Mine are in South of the Navel somewhere, and I'm not that endowed, trust me. Now, I keep seeing all this stuff about lifts and augmentation. Again, back to my daughter, several years ago a boyfriend, long since departed, convinced her to have augmentation. So, we're on the phone the other day and I'm discussing the subject of this post and she gets a bad case of the giggles. She said she got a visual of her body at 60, bubble butt deflated around her knees, belly loose and a bit saggy and these cute, perky little boobs she paid so much for. It was a great laugh.

Yes, it's hard to face that as we move to this fabulous Second Act, our bodies don't look or even work like they did even ten years ago. In many ways, I'm grateful for the changes. OK, buying jeans isn't one of them. But I can go buy a great bra and "instant boob job" with no surgery or healing time. I just had major abdominal surgery due to an serious illness, they cut through all my muscles and had to remove three inches of muscle, the doctor told me it was similar to a tummy tuck. If that pain and healing was what you get with a tummy tuck DON'T DO IT! By a pair of Spanks, cheaper, and no healing time. You can do amazing things with undergarments and clothes that actually fit. OK, we can't wear belly shirts, we need to be aware that we look pretty bad in really low cut tops and miniskirts are a don't.

Take a good look in a full length mirror. Don't look at the "parts", look at the amazing woman you see, as a total picture, then decide to put yourself together in clothes that make you feel great and look just as great.

So, share your best "finding that one thing" story, talk to me about your biggest body challenge now, let's talk about looking (and feeling) our very best! The floor is yours ladies, let's talk

No comments:

Post a Comment